<< Back to Current Projects

Project Name

Hager Lofts, LLC

Address

456 Michigan Avenue
Buffalo
New York
14203

Project Details

The Hager building was originally built in 1883 to house a Planing Mill which played an important part in Buffalo's rich architectural history. The business which eventually took the name E.M. Hager & Sons produced window frames, sash, doors and miscellaneous millwork long before stock woodwork was a market commodity. Mr. Hager was involved in the construction of many of the City's largest factories, grain elevators, churches and schools and many still stand today as a tribute to his artistry. Some examples of his creativity can still be seen today at the Buffalo Club, City Hall, Canisius College, Temple Beth-El, the former Chancery at 35 Lincoln as well as the hand carved pulpit at St. Louis Church. The business was closed in 1970 and it remained empty until 1988 when the Spaghetti Warehouse converted it into a 15,000 square foot eatery. After the restaurant closed in 1996, it had brief runs as Your Father's Mustache, Sweetwater's and Sensation'z nightclub until the building became idle again in 2004. The current owners plan to convert the building  into 36 one and two bedroom apartments with an additional 2,700 square feet of commercial space.

 

 

Status Details

Approved - 6/20/2011