Job Posting - Buffalo Erie Niagara Land Improvement Corporation - "Erie County's Land Bank"
Assistant to the Executive Director
Buffalo Erie Niagara Land Improvement Corporation - "Erie County's Land Bank"
The Assistant will provide organizational, research, clerical and planning support to the Executive Director of the newly incorporated Buffalo Erie Niagara Land Improvement Corporation (BENLIC) or "Erie County Land Bank": a 501-C3 Non-Profit Local Public Authority of New York State.
Description of the Organization
The Buffalo Erie Niagara Land Improvement Corporation (BENLIC) seeks to confront and alleviate the problems distressed properties cause to communities by supporting municipal and regional revitalization efforts and strategically acquiring, improving, assembling, and selling distressed, vacant, abandoned, and/or tax-delinquent properties.
The following is not an exhaustive list of duties of the position; rather it is a broad description of the work and major performance requirements.
• Provide administrative support to the Executive Director and to program related activities
• Assist with calendaring, scheduling of meetings and presentations for the Executive Director, and updating of stored contacts.
• Maintain appropriate bookkeeping and record keeping/filing systems
· Assistance with preparation of the organization's annual report.
• Assistance with oversight of real estate transactions and leases.
• Assistance with oversight of organization's employees and professional service contracts -- including but not limited to, legal, accounting, and brokerage services, and property maintenance contracts.
• Assist with ensuring compliance with grants management requirements.
• Assist with ensuring compliance with the Public Authorities Accountability Act
• Assist the Executive Director in maintaining ongoing relationships with representatives from all Erie County municipalities
• Assist the Executive Director with maintaining outreach to other Land Banks and ongoing research into Land Banking best practices
• Research and schedule public relations opportunities and/or partnership opportunities for the Land Bank: television, radio, newspaper, blog, block clubs, community groups, foundations, non-profits
• Prepare and/or edit PowerPoint presentations
• Attend meetings and represent the Land Bank at specific events
· Provide Support for general Land Bank activities including the Request for Foreclosure (RFF) process: prepare forms, collect and organize information, and collate files for handoff to program
· Maintain and update the Land Bank website on a regular basis
· Prepare, format and make edits to correspondence and related documents or reports.
· Receive and prepare mail: receive and distribute mail and packages, prepare outgoing mail and packages including courier and UPS deliveries.
· Support meetings: organize materials and needed supplies, schedule and prepare rooms and beverages, clean up room and materials, and provide additional assistance as requested.
The Land Bank seeks a self-confident individual with current computer and document processing skills. Ideally, he/or she will have an eye for detail and be able to communicate effectively while skilfully handling many tasks simultaneously.
A Bachelor's degree is preferred. Candidates with experience in Community Development, Non-Profit Management, Housing, Real Estate or Real Estate law, Public Administration or Urban Planning will be prioritized.
A successful candidate will have the professional experience, skills, and commitment needed to provide ongoing administrative support to the Land Bank as we work to realize our mission.
Compensation and Working Hours
Commensurate with experience and education. This position may be granted in a full-time or part-time capacity.
Process and Time Frame
Interested individuals should submit a Cover Letter and Resume to Jocelyn Gordon, BENLIC Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Applications will be accepted through May 30th.